Sunday, May 07, 2006

DEAD TREES FOR SALE!

I've been organising the bookshelves in the reading room, and I've plucked some multiple copies of magazines and anthologies out to offer y'all for sale. We've received each of these through both Lyn and I being subscribers or getting multiple contributor's copies, so the copies I'm offering are as new, and not the ones we've flicked through with our greasy, spaghetti-sauce stained thumbs. All prices are plus postage, and I'm happy to organise drop offs, pick ups and otherwise. If you're going to be at Conflux, tell me and I'll bring your order with me.

To whit:

Through Soft Air ($24.95): My short story collection, containing 25 stories, including 6 never before seen and 1 you’ll only have seen if you read Serbian J. Includes the Aurealis Award winning “Pater Familias” and AA-nominated “Tales of Nireym”.

Aurealis 36 ($10) rrp: $12.95: Includes my Australian Shadows winning “Father Muerte & The Theft”, as well as Trent Jamieson’s AA-winning “Slow & Ache” and Kim Westwood’s AA-nominated “Terning Tha Weel”. I have multiple copies of this, as well as my collection—buy one of each for $32!

Writers of the Future Volume 18 ($12) rrp $16.95: Contains my story “Carrying The God”, the 1st western Australian winner in this competition.

Consensual 2 ($5): Contains my story “Moment”, as well as Claire McKenna, Robert Hood, Stephen Dedman, and others. This is a speculative fiction erotica anthology, so is not available unless you can prove you’re over 18 J

Consensual 3 ($5): Contains my story “Love Me Electric”, as well as Deb Biancotti, Stephen Dedman, Sean Williams and others As above, a spec-fic erotica anthology.

Gynaezine 2 ($5): The journal of SF Feminism, usually only available as part of Gynaecon, the ‘hidden’ convention that runs underneath Swancon each year. Contains an article by myself and Lyn on “SF & The Single Parent”, as well as Lily Chrywenstrom, Stephen Dedman, Emma Hawkes and others

Word Thirst 2 ($9): A collection of writings by members of the KSP, contains my story “Pass The Parcel” and Lyn’s “Dolphins of Haven Bay”, as well as Andrew Burke, Alicia Sometimes, Kevin Gillam and others

Whispers From the Shattered Forum #11 ($4): US Small press horror magazine, this issue contains my story “Though I Be Stone”

Borderlands 1 ($8) rrp $10: Contains “Through Soft Air”, the title story of my collection, as well as Simon brown, KJ Bishop, Stephen Dedman and others

Borderlands: The Worlds Within ($5): This is the members book for the 1st Borderlands convention and is unavailable any other way. Contains my story “A Star Is Born” as well as contributions from Chris Lawson, Tess Williams, KJ Bishop, Cat Sparks and others.

Encounters ($16) rrp $18.95: The third CSFG Anthology. Contains my story “Vortle”, as well as Trent Jamieson, Carol Ryles, Cat Sparks and others

All-Star Zeppelin Adventure Stories ($20) rrp: $24.95: Contains my story “Silk”, as well as Tobias Buckell, Howard Waldrop, Richard Lupoff, and others. Contains the Hugo-nominated “Biographical Notes to ‘A Discourse on the Nature of Causality, with Air-Planes’ by Benjamin Rosenbaum” by Benjamin Rosenbaum

Tales of the Unanticipated #25 ($8.50): US magazine, contains my story “Father Muerte & the Theft”, as well as Stephen Dedman, Judy Klass, Martha A Hood and others

ASIM 19:Contains an interview with myself and Lyn by Martin Livings, as well as fiction by Jay lake, Bryn Sparks, and others.
ASIM 16: Contains my story “Through The Window, Merrilee Dances”, as well as Tansy Rayner Roberts, Mikal Trimm and others.
ASIM 10: Contains my story “The Hobbyist”, as well as Ruth Nestvold, Mikal Trimm and others
ASIM 7: Contains Lyn’s story “Learned Instincts” as well as Tansy Rayner Roberts, Grant Watson, Juliet Marillier and others.
ASIM 6: Contains my story “Your Mother Likes Monkeys”, as well as Geoff Maloney, Simon Haynes, Dirk Flinthart and others.

All ASIMs are $5. In addition, we have the following issues of ASIM in which we don't appear: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, and 14.

Contact me if you're interested.

No comments: