Wednesday, October 18, 2006

WRITER-GUY LINKAGE POST

An interesting post on an interesting secondary world writing issue: The Moss-Troll problem.

Discuss, using examples. This question is worth 35% of your total mark.

TOO MUCH FUN IS NEVER ENOUGH

If you haven't met him yet, there's a new poster in the LJ world. His (generic gender reference, btw. Real gender unknown) name is Anencephalic Kid, which I think is a great title that I'll be stealing for a story sometime in the future :) and he's got some interesting opinions on the writers he's met and read.

Why do I bring this up? Because this is a fellow in need of educating. Go and have a read and you'll see what I mean. Leave a comment. Please. One the one hand I applaud this fellow's willingness to state opinions without any recourse to apologia, but on the other, he's so wrong about guys like SJC (and myself, at least, I think so...) that he needs to know before he makes a total tool of himself.

I'd love to see some fiction from this guy.


Song of the Moment: Cyclops Rock They Might Be Giants
Reading: Mojo- Conjure Stories edited by Nalo Hopkinson, Gregory Marc Hempel

No comments: