Thursday, August 17, 2006

WELL, WHAT DO I MAKE OF THAT?

Good job I'm going through that list of stories I made earlier, innit?

Had a line strike me while I was sitting at lunch this afternoon, and by the time I made it back to the office I'd written the whole damn story. It's an 864 word stream-of-consciousness piece. 2 sentences. And one of those is exactly 2 words long.

Weird weird weird.....

Luscious thinks I over-edit, and I might follow her on this one: cut it apart too much and I'll lose the strength of the piece, which is the pell-mell rushing emergency of the words. Apart from a few word repetitions, I'm going to have to tread very carefully in order to keep the structural integrity of the story. But I tells 'ee, I haven't written anything that's left me scratching my head this much since Mikal a couple of years ago. I still can't say for sure what actually happens.

Weird weird weird...

No comments: