Wednesday, April 20, 2005

BECAUSE ANYONE WHO IS A SERIOUS CANDIDATE FOR POPE HAS TO BE AN ARSEHOLE OF COSMIC PROPORTIONS

http://peterdavid.malibulist.com/archives/002791.html

Benedict the Umpteenth, ppppphhhhhhh.

Wanker. Because electing right wing Germans to posts of international power has worked so well in the past...

THE PACIFIER

Sucks more than any movie has any right to suck. This film is nothing more than the end result of executive bunnies deciding that any movie with Baldy Vin in it is going to sell by the trailer load. Unfortunately, on the basis of the full house I was surrounded by (and the fact that 3 kids and a wife had managed to drag me screaming and protesting into the theatre in the first place), they're right.

I would rather contract cancer than ever see this movie again.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE

I wrote most of the epilogue to Nouvelle Hollande today. A small scene to finish it, and spending a few thousand words on the climax, and the thing is done!

I have a couple of agents waiting, so this is a very good thing. Also a priority.

DOES YOUR 3 YEAR OLD WATCH TOO MUCH DOCTOR WHO?

I have a foot-high model of the TARDIS on my computer desk, that the kids gave me for Brianmas. It's been there since Brianmas. It's not hidden behind anything.

Erin comes barrelling up to me yesterday, points dramatically at the model, and exclaims "Daddy! It's Doctor Who's house!"

I think she was disappointed when a teensy tiny little Tom Baker didn't emerge to say hi.

HOW MUCH DOES SHE LOVE ME?

I am a Spike Milligan fan of the first order. I am a Spike Milligan fan to a degree that would frighten your children.

For no reason at all, Luscious presented me ith a copy of Spike Milligan: The Biography the other day.

I've barely climbed out of it since.

She loves me :)

She didn't even wince when I played The Goon Show to the boys in the car yesterday and they decalred it the funniest thing they've ever been exposed to. And I have so many episodes to play them...

AIDEN AIDEN AIDEN, OY OY OY!

Aiden had his first game of soccer on the weekend. He's not a hugely sporty kid, and while we love and support him, all we hoped for was that he didn't hate it too much.

Dude, he can play! He's not the quickest, and he'll take some kicking practice, but he can play. He has an understanding of what he needs to do, and his reading of the play is really good. He's got a soccer brain, something you can't really teach.

And we won 4-2. And quiet little Lyn went off her face. And he set up the last goal. And he wore the Nottingham Forest top we bought him with pride during the practice session, even when surrounded by kids wearing Arsenal, Real Madrid, and Manchester United tops.

Next game's in two weeks, and 2 weeks after that and 2 weeks after that.

We're there with bells on. I'm just a big, fat, hairy proud soccer Bonus Dad :)

No comments: