Friday, January 30, 2009

HOW TO MAKE YOUR DADDY'S HEART GO ALL SMOOSHY

Connor lying in bed, settling down to sleep. Me lying next to him, reading. A little hand comes over my chest and wriggles upwards until it's nestled in the crook of my neck.

CONNOR: I want a huggle.

I scoosh down, and we huggle. The next exchange takes place in whispers.

CONNOR: I love huggles.
ME: Me too.
CONNOR: I love huggling you.
ME: I love huggling you too.
CONNOR: I love you.
ME: I love you. You're my favourite little boy.

Short pause. Connor shmooshes his face into my cheek.

CONNOR: You're my favourite big boy.

Internal awwwwwwwwtometer duly explodes....

2 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

Awwwww:-))))

Anonymous said...

Oh,god, that made me melt. That's one of the reasons I want kids...


Nice to know someone else calls them huggles, too.