1. What is, ultimately, your dream writing gig?
Full time, on my own cognizance, choosing whichever project interests me as I go. My writing fantasies revolve not so much around any particular 'dream project', although there are certain media tie-ins that would be fun, but around the fantasy of independence, answering to nobody but myself. Yup, I'm destined to die disappointed :)
2. Why did you choose to get married at a Swancon?
All but a few people we would have invited were going to be there anyway, we'd already paid for the venue by booking a membership and room, and the idea of combining something traditional and non-traditional suited our attitudes at the time.
3. Zombies have been big lately, but I personally think they've peaked again and the impetus has died off. What's the next big trend in horror?
Penguins. You heard it here first.
4. Who plays you in the film of your life?
Hmm. I'd like some great heroic actor of the age-- a Burt Lancaster or Laurence Olivier. I'd be more likely to get Dom Deluise or Cheetah.
5. Tell me - as briefly as you like - a treasured childhood memory.
I don't really have any treasured childhood memories: mostly, even the good times were tempered by bullying, or isolation, or upheaval. Perhaps-- evenings during school holidays in my late teens, wandering along the seafront by my home, alone or with one or two friends, eating a hotdog, standing outside both the darkness of the beach and the lighted strip of shops, feeling like the world existed without me and all I had to do was observe as I wished. How's that?