Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I'M A POET, AND I WAS NOT AWARE OF THE FACT

There are all sorts of ways authors deal with a block, or a fallow period. One of these days, I'll post a 5 for Friday listing some of the ways I kickstart my writing efforts. 
But something I do on a somewhat-irregular basis is to dive into my archives, and re-examine some completed works with an eye to getting them onto the treadmill. After completing a poem recently, I found them time tonight to do just that, unearthing eight poems completed over the last 12 months that had been waiting for a night like tonight.
I am an occasional poet, but it means a lot to me: my first sales were poems, way back in the late 80s and early 90s, before Real Life (tm) got in the way and took me away from serious writing for too many wasted years.
So, as of tonight, the following titles are completed and out in the world, and if the Universe is a just and giving endless saddled-shaped veil of beige nothingness (seriously, look it up), then I'll celebrate the success of:
  • Hart Crane, Treading Water
  • Transubstantiation
  • Like a Leaf Falling
  • Wish Fulfillment
  • I Can Smile
  • What Good is the Day?
  • Seer Like a Stonemason
  • There is No Owner's Manual

No comments: