Thursday, June 12, 2014

ODDS AND SODS

A few mathoms too small for their own post:

LEGO BOY SPEAKS

Over at Paul's Technic Blog he's running a series of short interviews with AFOLs of various stripes. I chat about how I got sucked in, how my family don't remember what I look like and what I like to build towards the bottom of the page.


LEGO BOY BUILDS

The Perth Lego User Group's June challenge is to build something in 'micro' scale-- that is, at a scale smaller than 1:1 with a minifig. Here's a sneak peek at what I'm building in response.




No explanation for you.
 
 
 
NEW WORK. VERILY, NEW WORK.
 
Circumstances prevailed, recently, and I was forced to release my agent. A short slough of despond ensued, and frankly, I was facing the idea I might decide never to write again without a whole lot of regret.
 
Then The Hall of Small Questions stuck its head up and forced me to put aside all that rubbish.
 
5000 words in the last 4 days is the result. I should have a new novel draft finished by the end of the year. In the meantime, I'm working towards finding a home for Father Muerte and the Divine, to make up for the 3 months I've lost waiting.
 
Here's a little peek at the progress of HoSQ:
 
"We are not a Holy Order,” he said as we stalked down yet another corridor between rooms whose function I could barely comprehend. “We are not by Royal Appointment. We do not have a board of Governors, nor do we accept patronage, donations, sponsorship or favour. Why…” he asked, stopping so suddenly that I almost buried my head between the folds of the gown hanging down around his arse. “do you think that is?”
           
I stuttered, thrown off balance by the sudden change in the flow of his oratory. “I don’t know.”
           
“Do not say that!” The anger in his voice was sudden, and fierce. “A Requester is not supposed to know. A Requester seeks. He questions. You do not not know, you shall do your best to find out!”


 
 

1 comment:

Murasaki1966 said...

I like the idea of teh Hall of Small questions: like Librarians on steriods!