Thursday, May 22, 2014

THUMBNAIL THURSDAY REVISITS ITS VOODOO YOUTH

Real content in the next few days, I promise. I'm only just emerging from the busiest time of my year. But in the interests of keeping you amused:

"Then I make bullet holes by heating up this pin and poking it through the plastic..."
 
An unbelievable amount of my teen years was spent in the production of plastic modelling kits. I can make flight wires from sprue, create fencing from left-over bits of frame, all the tricks and wizardry to turn a series of plastic shapes into a realistic diorama featuring some crashed WWII aircraft in some imaginary Scottish Highland. Hours and hours of diligent practice, to produce perfectly represented plastic models.
 
Surprisingly, I also lost my virginity at 15. Who'd have thunk it?

 


No comments: