Monday, March 03, 2014

Review: Batman: Odyssey


Batman: Odyssey
Batman: Odyssey by Neal Adams

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



I love Neal Adams. For me, he is the definitive Batman writer, the one I grew up reading who gave the Dark Knight the perfect balance between the suave elegance of Bruce Wayne and the grim reality of a man who engages in fistfights with freaks and escapes from insanely complicated and dangerous traps for kicks. But this story is pure nonsense, shoddily compiled and involving far too many leaps of faith to maintain reader interest. It's a tower of silliness with no underpinning or logic, and ends up being nothing more or less than a sloppy melange. Doubly disappointing for having come from such a great Batman writer, but this is dreadful.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Agreed.