Wednesday, October 16, 2013

ONE, ONE DECADE, AH AH AH.....

Well, goodness me. Something happened last week and I've only just noticed.

As of last Thursday, I've been Battersblogging for ten years. Ten years! I've had careers haven't lasted that long!

10th October 2003, I started this journal of... whatever it is I do here... with Okay, a new blog, just to chock up the internet with more pointless waffle of the "My name's Persephone, I'm 8 years old, here's a poem about my cat" variety... and ten years later, I think I've accomplished exactly that.

1230 posts, a gnat's willy shy of 140 000 visitors, two novels, a swathe of short stories, a marriage, a child, 4 houses, as many cars, a grandchild, somewhere in the region of a dozen conventions, half a dozen jobs and a whole lot of whatever the hell it is I do here later, and I find myself still blogging, with the Battersblog archived at the National Library and the very distinct possibility that this will be my testimony to the ages, and not the stuttering career as a minor author I have turned into along the way.

Such is life. Such is life in the electronic age.

So, if you've been around for any length of time, thanks for ploughing through my shite year after year, and if you're a recent arrival, enjoy the shite. And if anyone can work out whatever it is that I do do here... keep it under your hat :)



No comments: