Thursday, February 28, 2013

THUMBNAIL THURSDAY GETS ALL CONTROVERSIAL, IF IT WAS 1977

This week, a cartoon I actually took to completion, which probably gives as clear an understanding of why I didn't become a cartoonist as anything: when it comes to the final product I just wasn't that good. Unlike with writing (he flatters himself), I like the innate understanding to be a natural when it comes to the visual arts, and the amount of time I'd need to spend learning the necessary skills is better spent honing my writing craft, for which I at least have some facility.


Sigh. Nowadays you have yo explain who Erich Von Daniken is, although that's as it should be. Loons and charlatans should be cast into the soggy ruts at the side of the tracks of history and forgotten.

Besides, we have Whitley Streiber if we want to listen to cracked-up fuckwits now.


No comments: