Sunday, December 02, 2012

N-OVER-EMBER

Agh, finally.

Yes, today is officially the second day of the following month, but for us, with the last of Erin's friends having just left from her birthday sleepover, November is finally, finally over.

November means:

Nanowrimo. I acted as ML for my region for the third year, as well as working on Father Muerte & the Divine, for which I wrote a shade over 43 000 words, and completed. I topped up the other 6 000 and a bit words by beginning The Sin-Eater's Lonely Children, working on the Muerte synopses, and various associated fiction tasks.

The Day Job's Literary Month, involving organising and running a five hour writing marathon on a Saturday night complete with guest speakers and a metric fuckload of giveways; the awards presentation for the City's short story competition on a Tuesday night; and a two hour seminar by Dr Helen Merrick on the following evening. All within a week of each other.

Three birthdays: mine, Connor's, and Erin's. Connor and Erin had a birthday party each. On the same day. At two different locations. Never. Bloody. Again.

Nnovvember. My first attempt at contributing to this mass Lego community initiative, to build a Vic Viper model to help commemorate the passing of popular builder and AFOL Nate 'nnenn' Neilson.

All this on top of the usual writing work, day job work, family commitments, swimming lessons, preparing the house for sale, blah blah etcetera and so forth.

I'm buggered.

BUT: I have a completed novel, two happy kids, new Lego for myself, no more work events for the rest of the year, and the first Lego MOC I've built that I think matches up to the rest of the Flickr stream, so we'll call it a draw and now I'm going back to bed.

And because I promised, here are the pictures of the finished Viper.



From the top




Facing




From the rear, showing greebles and biplane wings




Side view, showing twin forward pods, and the connection between hull and engine, which...




...rotates.




And the underside, with all the transparent goodness and weapony-looking bits.




Comin' atcha!

No comments: