Sunday, February 19, 2012

HEY, LET'S NOT WAIT UNTIL A WEDDING OR A FUNERAL NEXT TIME, OKAY?

So the secret to blogging success, apparently, is to do it regularly. Pick a day of the week, or two or more, and no matter what, make an entry on that day. You build up trust within your readership, and regular updates lead to repeat readership.

Heh.

Lot of wevver we've been 'avin, innit? :)

So it's been more than a month, and there's a very good reason for that-- I keep my day job out of this blog, and my day job has been mad. Apart from being the lead officer on our Australia Day Celebrations, a task that ate my January, I'm also involved in the preparation for two major art exhibitions which will eat, respectively, my May and July. It's a fantastic job, but sometimes it takes over.

Still, there's been a bit of action going on at the Battheim: for starters, we've decided to sell up and move closer to the kids' new school. Those who've been to our current house will attest to the fact that it's freaking huge: 2 stories, and enough room to fit 7 or 8 residents, which was fine when we had 7 or 8 residents to fit. But we're due to drop from 6 to 4 in the coming year, as our eldest and his best mate depart our rooms for digs of their own, and this place is just too damn big-- and too damn expensive-- to suit a family of 4. It's time to rationalise for life in a smaller, cheaper house.

Simplify, simplify, simplify.




So it's reno time, and cleanup time, and sitting down in the evening to watch Get It Sold and Selling Houses Australia and the like time, and losing my weekends to the garden time. Not to mention realising just how much shit my house is filled with time.

So our weekends are booked for the foreseeable future, it seems. Every time I move house I swear it's the last time, that I only have one more move left in me, that I want to stop and put down roots and actually see the gardens I plant grow to maturity, and give my children a sense of security as they grow through childhood. But it's okay, because I reckon I have one more move left in me......




No comments: