Friday, January 23, 2009

CALLISTRA'S QUESTIONS

1. How do you get past the annoying Issues when writing?
My only annoying Issue is my own dedication, or lack of it. I still have massive lapses, so I'd say that's one that's not yet dealt with at all :)

2.Would you have liked to attend Clarion as a student?
Not Clarion South- most of the tutors who have taught there I consider peers, rather than mentors. One of the US Clarions, or Odyssey, maybe, but I'm never going to have the money so it's all a bit moot.

3.What is your superpower?
The power of failure.

4.What is your biggest issue with your own writing?
How long is a piece of string? I hate every single aspect of my writing. I'm not good enough, successful enough, famous enough, talented enough, skilled enough, whatever enough. I keep plugging away in the hope that one day, maybe, I'll craft something worthy of being remembered. But frankly, most days I think I'm slipping farther from that goal the harder I try.

5. Who's writing *always* provides you with pleasure, and you'd be happy to read their shopping list?
Nobody. Even writers I'm big fans off, like Jonathon Lethem and Chuck Palahniuk, have had at least one stinker, which means I approach each book with a slight veing of caution. Of course, I'm still approaching their books, so perhaps that's a sign that I retain faith in their ability to satisfy me.

No comments: