Friday, March 02, 2007

SOME GOOD NEWS, JUST TO CHANGE THE TONE

Two very nice emails waiting in the inbox when I logged in this morning:

The first to tell me that I'd won a copy of Lars Von Trier's supernatural-soapie-turned-feature The Kingdom, coutesy of Horrorscope, and the second from Black Box supremo Shane Jiraiya Cummings, accepting my story Truthful Remains for this sequel to the excellent multi-media horror anthology Shadow Box. The original anthology was, in my humble opinion, one of the standout Australian genre projects of the last few years, so it's nice to crack a mention in the follow-up, too.

And while we're talking about things horrible (uh, I mean....), the Australian Horror Writer's Association has announced the shortlist for this year's Australian Shadows Award (hereby dubbed Dead Chick II), and Father Renoir's Hands, a story from Through Soft Air, has made the list. It's nice to be noticed again (I was fortunate enough to win Dead Chick I last year): I think the AHWA are doing fantastic work as an association, and it's pleasing to be held in some esteem by them. The winner will be announced on March 25th, so I'll let you know who gets the statuette this time round.


No comments: