Friday, March 02, 2007

MORE WRITEY-WRITEY GOODNESS

Well, I must say I'm reasonably chuffed with myself-- I came back from my Clarion stint with two tasks uppermost in my mind: to return to mainstream employment in order to ensure a more secure income stream; and to get back to basics with my writing by sloughing away as many non-essential distractions as possible and concentrating on the pure act of writing.

As to the first, I start a 6 month contract with the ATO on the 12th (cue sound of things changing and staying the same...), with the hope that old contacts and hard work will see me springboard into something permanent.

And the second, well, that's working out too: I'm knee-deep in the 3rd draft of the movie, and expect to have that back to Producer Matt within the week. I've sent 5 stories out, selling one so far. And I'm currently banging through the necessary line edits on the half dozen or so I had in hard copy when the hard drive died, so I expect to have sent them out as well by the end of March. I've received the rewrite specs for The Time Eater, my story in the now-available-for-pre-order Doctor Who: Destination Prague anthology. And I'm currently hard at work on a commissioned story for an anthology I'm not yet cleared to talk about, but for which I'm having a hell of a lot of fun writing (Giant mutant dolphins, baby! Giant mutant dolphins!)

Oh, and, you know, I posted a haiku about genital wigs over at Jerry Jarvis' Wig this morning :)

It's all good, clean fun down our way.

No comments: