Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A FIRST MOC

It's been over a year since I've MOC'd anything. For those who failed their first year Lego Jargon unit, MOC stands for 'My Own Creation', and it's what adults call that thing I used to call 'playing with Lego' when I was a kid. For the last year I've been on a mission to rebuild all the sets I've purchased over the last 3 years, and having finally completed, photographed, broken up and parted out all 100 sets, I rummaged around amongst my boxes and had myself a play.

It began as a desire to build something with a fully transparent globular cockpit, became an exercise in late night tablescrapping (building something out of whatever random bits and pieces are sitting on your table) one night when Lyn had one to bed early, and ended up as an attempt to build a Vic Viper using only technic pieces as much as possible. The end result is a little shaky, and a little basic, but it's the first original thing of any type I've put together in over a year, and I'm quietly chuffed with it. I've decided to call it the Tadpole for no apparent reason, so here be it:






No comments: