The Luscious One leaves for Femmecon this afternoon, taking Connor with her for the trip. It's the first time we've been apart since my trip to Sydney a few years back, and the first night we've spent apart since our wedding. I know she's going to have a great time, but there's a part of me that doesn't want her to go (or more accurately, doesn't want her to leave me behind) . Erin and I will be all alone in our big, empty, echoing house, just the two of us, wandering the hallways of the Batthome calling out plaintively in little voices......
Or I could:
- Finish the first draft of Dr Who: The Time Eater
- Finish the first draft of The Metawhore's Love Story, my story for Dirk Flinthart's Canterbury 2100 anthology
- Start work on Lethologica, my second novel
- Input the line edits on Rabbit, Searching For Little Deaths, and Manuscript Found Upon The Body of a Hanged Soldier
- Email comments to Stephen Dedman and Heather Gammage on stories I've read for them recently
- Finish the first drafts of Mr Snopes and In From The Snow
- Do the rewrites on Amygdala, My Love and Loving Monsters and find homes to send them to
- Take Erin to see Curious George at the cinema (after all, no sense both parents suffering...)
- Pick the winners of the Ticonderoga Online Through Soft Air competition
- Email Lyn's editorial to TicOn for the September issue (If you're a Luscious fan you might want to read it: important news)
- Finish digging out the new garden bed in the front garden
- Weed the front lawn
- Keep working on the new rock garden I'm building next to the patio
- Dig in one of the three soakwells the back yard needs
- Create a flickr account and link it to The Batthome website as an easy alternative to trying to work out the Gallery function on the site builder
- Try to work out how the hell to alter the html on the website that pals have recommended I use
- Clean out my Inbox and reply to all those emails that are still sitting there (currently about 600, I kid thee not)
- Laminate the pile of kid art sitting on my desk and put it up on the walls
- Create flyers for Lyn's massage business and print a load out for her perusal
- And, you know, the usual washing, sweeping, cleaning, folding, etc etc and so forth.
Or I could just wait until Erin goes to bed and watch porn.
It's all up in the air, really... :)
A funky advert, courtesy of YouTube. Somewhere an advertising executive had an original idea.
S/he's probably dead now.
Another that made me laugh.
Song of the Moment: I'm The Urban Spaceman The Bonzo the Dog Doo Dah Band
Read of the Moment: If I Don't Write It, Nobody Else Will Eric Sykes, and Haunted Chuck Palahniuk