Tuesday, June 05, 2012

BATTERSBYS, BATTERSBYS, ALL AROUND, AND NOT A DROP TO... UH...

Damn, but whilst I've been off lounging about the beach crapping about with artists, but people have only gone and bought stories and the like from her Lusciousness and myself.


Where, I hallucinate you asking? Funny you should bring it up....








This friendly little fellow is the cover to Midnight Echo 7, unfortunately harmless. He's the official magazine of the Australian Horror Writer's Association, and undoubtedly the nastiest little read you'll read this year, at least until issue 8 comes out. It contains my short story Ghosts of You, which is quite unpleasant, and I say that with all the love in my heart. 


Purchase ye here.


Next to him... the nasty Year's Best Australian Fantasy & Horror 2011. His tiny fangs cause creeping ulcerations of the skin, and his pages contain Europe After the Rain, a story originally published in Fablecroft Publishing's After The Rain anthology and which I thought had disappeared with a dull whoomph of disinterest, so I'm pleased to see it up and about and being appreciated. 




YBAFH11 can be found at Ticonderoga Publications.


And coming soon... my prize, ASIM 56. Isn't she lovely? And so deadly. Her pages contain twice as many Battersbys as that of other magazines. You see, her contents include The Blind Pig, that is to say a modern fable of the depression by my beautiful wife Luscious as well as my own Comfort Ghost, and eventually... oh sod it, i can't keep that up.


Everyone knows ASIM is a ripper of a magazine. Their website is here, and I'll let you know when the issue is due to come out. The Blind Pig is the best short Lyn has ever written, and if you know Lyn's writing, you'll know what that means: you want a copy of this magazine, and you want it ASAP.


And if that isn't enough to make you wonder at just how many people you can fool all of the time, be sure to check out Bete Noire in July, where my poem Three Messages will appear. 

No comments: