Thursday, July 28, 2005

TICONDEROGA ONLINE ISSUE 4

Come one, come all Issue 4 of Ticonderoga Online is now, well, on line!


Stories by wily veteran Rob Hood and eager newcomer Ashley Arnold. An editorial by Russell Farr which has me dying to get to my issue just so I can disagree with him! Geoffrey Maloney interviews one of my favourite Australian SF authors, Trent Jamieson. Rusty B interviews Jonathan Strahan. No less than 8 reviews of magazines and books from here and overseas.

And all for free. which is exactly how much we get paid :)

ONE FOR TWO

Came home today to one acceptance and one rejection.

The rejection was from US magazine Cemetery Dance, which is a bugger because it's a US magazine, pays well, has a good rep, and I want to be in it. Durn.

The acceptance came from Antipodean SF, who will publish And Just Like That... in issue 92, due to hit monitors in January of next year.

I like what Ion Newcombe does with this ezine, and I nominate him for the Peter MacNamara Award every year. Whilst everyone I know in the biz seems to make a point of stopping each month to read the 10 flash pieces he assembles, and names like Sean Williams and Martin Livings happily support him by submitting pieces (Ion can't afford to pay, so getting names this big is a real coup), Newk himself remains largely unheralded, which is a bloody pity, imho.

Go. Read. Vote for your fave story. Go back again next month.

No comments: