Tuesday, July 26, 2005

COMING SOON, TO A SMALL BOY'S MOUTH

Woke up this morning to find that Connor had sprouted two new teeth in his top gum, to partner the two in his bottom gum. There goes my habit of letting him chew on my finger for fun :)


10 SONGS I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT

I've been thinking a lot about music recently, so I decided to put together a list of the 10 songs I can't live without. Dunno: maybe it's a manifesto-without-manifesting or something, one of those mid-life crisis moments where you have to outline to yourself what's important to you so you can die without questions, or something. Maybe it's just that this whole decluttering thing is happening internally too.

Fer what it's worth, in no particular order. Not necessarily even my favourite songs, or even my favourite songs by the mentioned artists. Just the ones I can't live without. Naturally, like any good list I make, the list of 10 has 13 entries:

1. Don't Come Around Here Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
2. Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd
3. My Beloved Monster The Eels
4. Coin Operated Boy The Dresden Dolls
5. Wonderful Life Black
6. Desperado Alice Cooper
7. Boss Of Me They Might Be Giants
8. Hide Your Love Away The Beatles
9. Make Me Smile (Come Up & See Me) Steve Harley & The Cockney Rebel
10. Away Away Weddings Parties Anything
11. You Can't Always Get What You Want The Rolling Stones
12. Whole Of The Moon The Waterboys
13 Chicago Sufjan Stevens

No comments: