Monday, August 02, 2004

4th JANUARY 1913 - 28th JULY 2004

Just returned from my Grandfather's funeral. We weren't overly close, especially not these last few years as he got much older and frailer, and my adult life left me with little time to travel and see him, but it's still a sad occasion when a family member passes. Besides, he taught me the only card trick I've ever learnt.

As a final gift to his family, Granddad paid for us all to go into Kwinana after the service and have lunch at his local cafe. Which was lovely, but I think the tone is set for your funeral when those attending know they'll finish up eating at a place called "Mr Food".

I've had the 'Mr Plough' song from that episode of the Simpsons stuck in my head since the funeral ended...

SO COOL, SO DAMN COOL

Readers of this humble blog will be aware how much of a fan I am of pal KA Bedford. Pop over to his blog and bask in the warm glow of his new novel's cover. So very cooooolllll.........

No comments: