Monday, August 01, 2016

TWO MONTHS AWAY

Two months since my last post. All of June and July, and not a peep. 

Yeah, there's a reason for that.

Suffice to say, things did not go well for a while. It's a little vaguebooky, but I'll talk more about it in later posts. 

For now, here I am, on the last day of a two week break away from the world, where all I've done is lie in bed, watch a lot of Top Gear, get addicted to Pokemon Go, and noodle about with a Powerpoint for my upcoming appearance at the Brisbane Writers Festival in September.

I'll be playing about in the kids stream with a presentation called Let's Get Spooky, all about how to write shivering stories for kids. And I'll be knuckling 20 or so writers under my lash in a short fiction Masterclass as part of the main program, to boot. Head on over to the BWF website to see the full program. 

I've also managed to successfully apply for a writing residency in 2017. The organisation has not yet announced it, so I'll stay schtum on the who, where and when for the moment, but expect some announcements semi-soon.

And I'll also be crawling out from under my bed in early October to display some of my Lego creations at this year's Bricktober. Once again, it will be at the Canning Showgrounds, and promises to be an absolutely fantastic day out. I'll be displaying more of my spaceshippy goodness, as well as coordinating a table dedicated to a Micropolis group build. Once again, more details as we get closer.

So, for the moment, here I am: still swimming (just), still keeping my head above water (just), still getting involved (double just with chips). Luscious and I have had some big (tm) conversations recently, and we will be making some enormous life changes over the next 18 months. I'll be talking about them as they arrive, but for now, this much contact is just enough.



No comments: