Tuesday, September 08, 2015

TOBER. BRICKTOBER.

Way back when, I may have mentioned that I had foolishly agreed to build something for a Lego display in October called, you guessed it, Bricktober.




Yeah, so, October's nearly open us. And, if I'm honest, I may have gone a little mad.

See, the thing I came up with was a diorama called Arrival at the Tomb of the Unknown Spaceman. A whole rabble of space-themed minifigs disembark from a shuttle that's over 2 base plates long (a minimum of 64 studs), and wander around what can only be called a significant investment in grey blocks. It's taken me nearly 7 months to build, and it looks a lot like this:








Which is not the me-going-mad bit, so much as the deciding-that-wasn't-enough-and-what-I-really-had-to-do-was-build-a-bunch-of-different-spaceships-to-go-on-stands-next-to-it was. So, if you come along to the Canning Showgrounds on October 10 or 11, you'll also get to see a 52-stud long star fighter:




Another, slightly smaller star fighter:




A GARC*:






And a teensy, tiny, 16-stud long Vic Viper**:







Clearly, I have lost my mind.





Thankfully, I've finished all that, and have no plans at all to build, saaaaay, another Vic Viper in the 40-50 stud long bracket.




Right?


For more information on Bricktober, including the fantastic competitions, displays, prizes, and attractions that will be happening, visit their website.






GARC: Galactic Asteroid Rally Circuit. Each space-racer must have 2 crew members per ship (pilot & navigator), no weapons, and must look fast. The crazier the colour scheme the better


**  


No comments: