Monday, October 01, 2012

STOAT OF THE NOTION

It's been almost a month since I blew the dust off this baby and made with the updatery, and there's a very good reason for that: I've been off enjoying life.

Response to The Corpse-Rat King has been positive, and if you haven't got your copy yet then there's really no excuse-- it's in all the good book stores and most of the rotten ones, and if you haven't picked it up then I can only assume it's because you hate me and you've never really liked me and you'll be sorry when I'm dead and all this guilt will be on your head, I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing.... wait a minute.

Marching Dead is finished, and has been delivered to Angry Robot for their consideration. All being well, it will appear on shelves next April.

And right now, I'm giving myself some down time before I turn my attention to the next project on the block: either a return to Father Muerte & The Divine or if the Angry Robot overlords activate the clause in my contract, the third Marius dos Hellespont novel which I'm nominally calling Fall To Heaven. We shall see, we shall see.

But for the moment, I'm clearing my mental palette, watching a buttload of documentaries, playing with the kids, and getting the house ready to put on the market before the end of the year so we can downsize. Give me a week or so, and I'll be back on the bloggery treadmill, but for the moment, no signal is a sign of contentment.

No comments: