Sunday, February 19, 2012

UNTRAINED, AND IN CHARGE OF PAINT

So here's how my job can eat my life:

Australia Day means families. Families mean a family-friendly event. 5000 people on the foreshore, which means hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of kids.

Kids means face painting. Ask them. They'll tell you.

When your face painters pull out three weeks before the event, this can be construed as a problem. It can also be construed as a problem. I know I repeated myself...

Solution: put the call out amongst our local artists. Gather up a crew of volunteers, equip them, train them, stick them in a marquee, open the lines and cross your fingers.

And it worked. Bloody brilliantly, as a matter of fact. But it also meant that I had a car full of face painting kit in my driveway all weekend. Just sitting there, in my car, all painty and kiddy and sitting there.

Come on. What would you do?

In my defence, I only did one each :)




Hulk not mad. Hulk just disappointed.



Is it a panda? Is it a skull? Either way, the 10 year old hates it. Five minutes with a wash cloth and.... 





This is me, sticking to writing...

No comments: