Sunday, January 01, 2012

LET THE FOCUS BEGIN

Ah, so, first day of the year. A time for looking forward. A time for making plans.

A time for breaking out, after a year spent in a holding pattern.

Every year I make a set of plans, lay out a bunch of goals. And every year I achieve.... some, at best. Last year I had 5 major goals, and achieved 1. If life was school, I'd be sitting up the back of the classroom with the guys who started shaving in year 5, wearing boxing gloves so I don't interfere with myself in front of the librarian....

So this year, 3 goals.

Finish the Corpse-Rat King edits.
Finish and submit Marching Dead.
Finish and submit Father Meurte & The Divine.

Forget weight loss. Forget gardening. Forget nebulous feel good back rubs of the soul. 2012 is where I produce novels.

Booyah.




No comments: