Friday, December 09, 2011

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

980.

That's how many novels were submitted to the Angry Robot Open Submission Month, back in March. And after 9 months, 3 novelists have emerged as new Angry Robot authors.

3 out of 980.

And I'm one of them.

As of late last night, Perth time, all the agent-robot negotiations have ceased, contracts have been signed and returned, blood has been spilled, sperm has been frozen in jars, children have been sent to labour camps, bios have been written, announcements have been posted, and I can now officially announce that The Corpse-Rat King and a sequel, titled Rising Dead (until I can convince the Angry Robot overlords I have a better title) have been bought, with the first to appear late in 2012 and the second in 2013.

You may consider me more than a little rapt :)




3 comments:

Tansy Rayner Roberts said...

Woohoo! That's amazing news, well done.

Dan Simpson said...

Amazing news Lee. Chalk me up as a guaranteed reader.

Dan

Greg Chapman said...

Congratulations Lee - I wish you much success!

Greg Chapman