Sunday, August 17, 2008

THE ENVELOPE, PLEASE

A lovely afternoon was spent by the Battfam this afternoon: Luscious and the littlies accompanied me to the Katharine Susannah Prichard Writer's Centre where I announced the winners of this year's SF Awards. Apart from catching up with some old pals in the forms of Satima Flavell Neist, Helen Venn and Chris Oakley, it was great to see several winners in the Junior section turn up to receive their awards.

I'm not certain that all winners (many were from other states, including every einner in the Open section) has been notified of their placing, so I'll hold off from listing everyone here until I get the all clear, but my warmest congratulations to all concerned, and thanks to the KSP for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this competition again. It was a fantastic experience, and a lovely occasion today. I'll be more than happy to be a part of it again any time.

No comments: