Tuesday, May 29, 2007

QUIRKY LITTLE THANG, AIN’TS I?

I’ve discovered something rather odd: I work better if I type onto a page with a border rather than a fully blank page. If I put a page border on before I start I work quicker, and longer, and the draft seems tighter.

That probably says something deeply disturbing about my psyche....

AND YET, NOBODY LISTENS TO ME....

In response to a friend talking about how lame the new Special K adverts are (my workplace is just a hotbed of current events...), my idea for the perfect way to sell cereal to the target audience of 19-35 year old women--

"Your arse is huge. Special K will make it smaller."

Feminists with knives to the left, advertising executives with money to the right.....

SO CLOSE, AND YET SO NOT GETTING IT

Connor is 2 and a half now, which means he’s old enough to be punished like the other kids, when he does something wrong. That means being sent to the ‘thinking corner’, where he stays until he’s ready to come out and say sorry. It worked for Lyn’s kids, and it works for Erin, and is a much better parenting tool than smacking, which is an act that distresses Lyn and I, as well as the kid being smacked.

Of course, the older kids had one less aspect of understanding to wrestle with compared to the C-train, to whit:

(Connor whacks his sister a good one upside the head, in full view of his Dad).

LEE: Naughty! Naughty boy! (Points to nearest corner) Corner!
CONNOR: (Hand on hip, big frown on face. Points to self) No! Me Connor!

Ah. Let me explain, son……

No comments: